Accepted Insurance Plans:
• BlueCross and/or BlueShield
• First Choice Health
• Group Health
If your plan is not listed above feel free to check with Erica to see if she is contracted with your insurance company.
© 2009-2015 Erica Helm Meade
Website design - Dakota Productions
Erica Helm Meade MA, LMHC
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Individual and Couples Counseling in Seattle since 1986
West Seattle in the Fauntleroy neighborhood
Erica's style with clients is warm, caring and direct. She believes wellness depends upon the harmonious workings of mind, body, emotion and spirit. She takes an integrative approach with an emphasis on a person’s strength as well as their areas of difficulty. She believes wholeness and creativity are the innate leanings of the human soul and seeks to assist their natural development. She helps clients to:
• Identify and build upon personal strengths
• Clarify their life purpose and direction
• Reduce anxiety and stress
• Build self-calming skills
• Find their way through difficulties such as loss, bereavement or divorce
• Improve focus and tap creativity
• Recognize personal blind spots and misguided thinking
• Cultivate viable optimism
• Understand and connect with emotions in productive ways
• Build emotional resilience and healthy boundaries
• Strengthen communication skills
• Deepen compassion to self and others
• Strengthen intimacy and healthy sexuality
• Create work-life balance
• Overcome patterns of stuckness
• Activate natural talents
• Cultivate gratitude
• Recognize soul in play through the workings of daily life
Erica uses a multi-modal approach drawing upon archetypal, developmental, dialectical-behavioral, person-centered, body-centered, transpersonal and creative modalities. She may use one or more of the following depending upon clients’ preferences and learning styles:
• Body awareness
• Mindfulness practices
• Journal writing
• Focused dialogue
• Self-directed neuroplasticity techniques
• Symbols of transformation
• Guided imagery
• Relaxation and coherence techniques
• Ritual and/or prayer
• Communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Assertiveness training
• Developmental timeline
*A five-step counseling method to help clients overcome blocks and live from personal strength.
If you’d like to speak with Erica about counseling, please call 206-448-0848. She’ll be happy to speak with you to determine whether your counseling needs fit within the scope of her practice. If so, and if she has openings, you and she can schedule an appointment. If not, she’ll do her best to make an appropriate referral to someone whose expertise suits your needs.
Psychology Today - Has a nationwide directory of counselors sorted by city, zip code or counseling specialty. Check out their helpful articles on everything from relationships to stress-busting tips.
Counseling Seattle - This site has an excellent community resource directory and a roster of regional counselors conveniently listed by neighborhood and area.
The Gottman Institute: Researching and Restoring Relationships - Dr John Gottman’s ground-breaking work with couples, including gay and lesbian, has influenced couples’ therapy worldwide. Workshops and therapy for couples; training for counselors and therapists.
Pacific Medical Centers Diagnostic & Wellness Center for Women - More than just radiology. You can schedule a massage with your bone scan or mammogram, or just relax in the reading room.
Seattle Insight Meditation Society - Sponsors classes, special events and meditation groups all over the city, contributing to our collective peace of mind.
Overlake Hospital Psychiatric Services - Offers a range of in and out patient services for adolescents and adults.